With effect from 7 April 2020 until 4 May 2020 (inclusive), SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) will require all Continuing Education and Training (CET) to be conducted via virtual classrooms and other forms of e-learning. This is in line with the additional national measures announced in response to COVID-19 on 3 April 2020.
- All training providers will be required to convert the delivery of their training and assessments to online or e-learning modes, in order to continue with the delivery of CET courses. This includes training programmes which are currently in progress. The end-date of 4 May 2020 may be extended, depending on the national COVID-19 situation.
- All in-person training is to be suspended during this period. SSG’s approval will be required for in-person training and this will only be granted for exceptional cases. Applications for in-person training must meet one of the following conditions to be considered:
- (i) the training is for one of the sectors severely affected by COVID-19 and supported under SkillsFuture Singapore’s Enhanced Training Support Package, i.e. tourism, aviation, retail, food services, land transport, and arts and culture; or
- (ii) the training is urgently needed for essential roles to support the national COVID-19 efforts; or
- (iii) the training is part of a job placement programme.
- Additionally, training providers must show cause that the specific training or assessment segment(s) cannot be conducted via virtual classrooms and other forms of e-learning. The in-person training or assessment, if approved, will be limited to these segments.
- Approved in-person training or assessment must implement the prevailing safe distancing measures for the workplace stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower.