Both jobseekers and employers to benefit from enhanced services
Singapore, 19 July 2017 – To help more Singaporeans find employment, Workforce Singapore (WSG) introduced the rebranded Careers Connect at the Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI) today. The remodelled career centre will offer jobseekers an expanded suite of customised career matching services, and for employers, enhanced recruitment advice to improve the career matching outcome between both parties.
2. The customised career matching services aim to help all jobseekers journey through their challenges. For some, it is about pointing out to them where to get the necessary resources to help themselves, like job tips and industry information. For others, it may be that they need more guided help to overcome the emotional stress arising from the trauma of job loss or multiple unsuccessful job applications, to move on to become job-ready, and ultimately get back into employment.
3. Jobseekers who require more in-depth support, can undergo tailored career management and counselling programmes and receive dedicated one-to-one career coaching suited to their needs. These programmes include Career Recharger – a one-to-one counselling programme to help jobseekers build a positive mindset for their job search, Career Catalyst – a step-by-step programme to help individuals chart a clear action plan towards their career goals, and Career 360 – a peer support programme to help jobseekers leverage peer networks.
4. In an effort to improve the job matching outcome, Careers Connect will step up on offering recruitment advice to employers. For the first time, to help employers better attract and hire suitable jobseekers, Careers Connect will offer the Job Description Workshop – an employer-centric workshop to guide them in their candidate search and selection process using skills-based requirements according to the Knowledge, Skills, Attributes (KSA) framework. The outcome of this approach is a more defined set of criteria to guide employers in identifying suitable jobseekers more effectively and recruiting successfully.
5. Mr Tan Choon Shian, Chief Executive of WSG said, “WSG’s Careers Connect is where career aspirations and hiring needs connect and serves as the bridging point between jobseekers and employers. We will continue to do our best to minimise missed matches in the labour market, through effective partnerships with individuals and employers.”
6. All three WSG’s Careers Connect at the Lifelong Learning Institute (Paya Lebar), Our Tampines Hub (Tampines) and Woodlands Civic Centre (Woodlands) will feature the expanded suite of career matching services. Jobseekers who are clear on their career pathways and development needs can make use of the computer terminals at the Self-Help zone to access career profiling tools, update and print out their resumes, or start on their job search. These jobseekers can also receive immediate career advisory tips from Career Coaches on the use of the self-help resources.
7. In addition, Careers Connect at LLI will feature an eLobby. Open till 10pm, the eLobby is equipped with computer terminals for Singaporeans keen to find out more about industry or career development information but are unable to do so during opening hours. Singaporeans can also make use of the terminals to conduct job search, obtain information on WSG’s Adapt and Grow programmes and register for career events.
Media Release: Click here
Careers Connect: Click here